- The number of people killed in traffic collisions last year in the city jumped by nearly 43% to 260 despite a high-profile campaign to prevent such deaths. Traffic-related fatalities have continued to rise this year. L.A. Times
- The Dodgers have made some improvements for fans who arrive by public transportation and also took some measures to improve pedestrian safety as baseball season gets underway starting today, April 3. KPCC
- Firefighters prevented an early morning blaze that began in a patio area from spreading to a home in the 3500 block of Tacoma Avenue in Mount Washington. No injuries were reported. LAFD
- Las Ranas Café & Restaurant in El Sereno is seeking city permission to serve beer and wine. A public hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, April 4 to review the restaurant’s permit application.
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.