- Jimmy Gomez of Eagle Rock is leaving the Democratic-dominated California legislature to serve in a Republican-controlled Congress. The L.A. Times looks at the challenges Gomez will face as he prepares for his first term as representative of the 34th Congressional District.
- Two musicians have turned a former church built in 1905 into a popular spot for weddings and other events in Garvanza. 1st Dibs
- Dodger fans on Sunday were distracted by smoke rising from a fire in nearby Elysian Park. Daily News
- Cal State L.A. is seeking the dismissal of a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against the El Sereno college and ex-athletic director Mike Garrett. Claims of harassment were included in the lawsuit filed by former CSULA senior associate athletic director Sheila Hudson. The school says that Hudson’s claims are a “spectacular display of sour grapes” because she was not named the college’s athletic director. MyNewsLA
- For Sale: Cozy Cottage in Echo Park (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
The Eastsider thanks Madalyn Rofer-Choate of Angeleno Heights for purchasing an Eastsider Reader Sponsorship. Purchase a Reader Sponsorship today and join the other readers now enjoying discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.