Friday, November 6
* The Eastside Cafe Space in El Sereno serves up organic popcorn and two films by Alejandro Jodorowsky.
Saturday, November 7
* Take the kids along for a bilingual (English-Spanish) Family Nature Hike through Debs Park sponsored by the Audubon Center.
* Cypress Park honors its vets with a Veterans Day Ceremony.
* Save some time for the Frugality Forum at the Edendale Library.
* Occidental College celebrates Robinson Jeffers Day with poetry, bird watching, bee hive demonstration & performance.
* Silver Lake Art Collective holds an opening reception for their Fall Exhibit.
* The Silver Lake Art Crawl also stumbles through Atwater, Echo Park & Los Feliz (Sat & Sun).
* Edible art: The Back to Basics exhibit at Materials & Applications in Silver Lake ends with a Fish Taco Party.
* Slime mold races, panning for gold, smores & more at Echo Park’s Machine Project Benefit.
* Ofrendas 2009, calavera fashion show and walking altars, at Tropico de Nopal in Echo Park-adjacent.
* Cesar’s Last Fast film screening and fundraiser at El Centro del Pueblo in Echo Park.
Sunday, November 8
* Vets on the march: Veterans Day Parade and ceremonies in Eagle Rock & Highland Park.
* Activists on the march: Residents hike the California high-speed rail route from Lincoln Heights through Atwater.
* Ready, set draw: Monster Drawing Rally and art sale benefit in Eagle Rock.
* Correction: A previous version of this post included Cesar’s Last Fast incorrectly under Sunday’s events. The correct day is Saturday.