Hippie holiday entry in the Echo Park Community Parade/Comparator
Friday, December 11
* Glassell Park gathers around the Christmas tree for a holiday tree lighting and canned food drive.
* Tired of tree holiday lightings? Check out the Historic Filipinotown Parol Parade and lantern lighting celebration. (What’s a parol?)
* Tired of Christmas already? Opening night party for “Space Hell” exhibit at L’Keg Gallery in Echo Park.
* Silver Lake parties at the Sunset Junction Holiday Block Party.
Saturday, December 12
* Womens Fitness Hike (childcare provided) at the Audubon Center at Debs Park.
* Puppet master Bob Baker leads the Echo Park Community Parade down Sunset Boulevard.
* Kids’ fair, concert and carnival rides at the Festival of Lights at the Silver Lake Independent Jewish Community Center.
* 4,000 toys given away at the 4th Annual Holiday Toy Giveway in Boyle Heights.
* The Luckman at Cal State LA presents Afropean fusion by Les Nubians.
* Echo Park hops and shops for holiday discounts and deals.
Sunday, December 13
* Aztec dancers, Miss Taiwan and Santa: Everyone will be at the Lincoln Heights Christmas Parade.
* The Southwest Museum in Mt. Washington holds a family-friendly session and workshop on Northwest Coast mask making.
Go to Save the Dave for an updated Eastside calendar of events.