The Eastsider is reviving its Eastside Crime Watch feature after the LAPD earlier this year teamed up with the Omega Group and its CrimeMapping unit to present updated crime reports online. Eastside Crime Watch returns with a review of this weekend’s crimes.
The most serious crimes included a shooting in Lincoln Heights that left an 18-year-old dead and a shooting in El Sereno that left a bystander injured after taggers opened fire. Here’s the rundown of crimes from CrimeMapping Friday, July 15 to Sunday, July 17:
- Atwater Village: There was early morning assault on Friday near Chase Drive and Brunswick Avenue. A robbery was reported Saturday afternoon in the 3100 block of Glendale Boulevard.
- Boyle Heights: Four assaults – including one against an officer – were reported west of Soto Street. About a half dozen vehicles were reported stolen across the neighborhood.
- Eagle Rock-Glassell Park: Two vehicles were stolen west of Eagle Rock Boulevard in the 3800 block of Avenue 41 and the 4000 block of Avenue 42.
- East Los Angeles: Three assaults between Downey Road and Indiana Street were reported.
- Echo Park: An assault was reported Friday afternoon in the 1600 block of Lakeshore Avenue.
- El Sereno: A group of taggers who were confronted by a man in the 4900 block of Templeton Avenue opened fire, hitting a bystander in the buttocks during the Sunday night incident, reports L.A. Now. The were was another assault reported in El Sereno on Saturday night near Huntington Drive and Rosemead Avenue.
- Lincoln Heights: A 17-year-old was shot and killed in the 300 block of West Avenue 33 on Saturday night in what police believe is a gang-related crime, according to L.A. Now. The victim was shot multiple times.
- Mt Washington: Mt. Washington, where residents had been on alert following burglaries, also had a reported of a vehicle stolen of San Rafael Avenue over the weekend. On the border of Mt. Washington and Highland Park, a vehicle was stolen an a second vehicle broken into near Avenue 45 and Marmion Way.
- Silver Lake: Three vehicles and two burglaries were reported in different sections of the neighborhood.
Click here to review crimes on CrimeMapping.