Tthe Atwater Village Neighborhood Council is set to approve funding tonight for a number of projects and host a couple discussions, according to the council’s website.
Among the topics scheduled to be covered:
- A presentation about a new sewer line.
- Funding for the Nights on the Boulevard block parties, Atwater Art Walk and AVNC Movie Nights will be up for a vote.
- The Atwater Art Walk will be discussed and, pending approval, receive $2,000 for their budget.
- The annual Nights on the Boulevard festival, which has gone on since at least 2010, is set to receive $1,320. In the past, the event has occurred on select nights during the summer months.
- The council is also set to approve a “Yard of the Month contest,” although no funding is mentioned on the agenda.
The agenda leaves time open for the appointment of interested neighborhood stakeholders to the council’s interest committees, which are listed on the governing body’s website: atwatervillage.org.
Tonight’s meeting will begin at 7 p.m. at Christ’s Church at Griffith Park 3852 Edenhurst Ave.
Tony Cella is a freelance reporter that has covered crime and grime in Los Angeles, New York City and the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska. Click here to contact Cella with questions, comments or concerns.